How do I remove Shellac at home?
1. Lightly etch the top coat with a nail file. This breaks the top seal of polish. Do not file through the polish.
2. Use either a cotton pad cut into fourths or small cotton balls. Saturate each pad with acetone polish remover (not acetate-check the first ingredient on the label)
3. Place a saturated cotton pad on top of the nail and wrap with a piece of aluminium foil. Repeat on other nails.
4. Apply a warm towel, heating pad or even your other hand on top of the wrapped nails. Wait 8 to 10 minutes.
5. Remove the foil and pads. The shellac will be curling up like a sticker. Gently scrap off with your finger nail or orangewood stick.
If you have any questions, please call us!
We also have a kit at our salon to purchase to assist in taking shellac off at home.